I love being vegetarian.
Simple as that.
I love feeling way better, having so much more energy and knowing that I'm finally doing something good for my body. I can see the difference in my body already and I haven't even lost that much weight yet. My collarbones are peeking out a bit more, my skin looks brighter, my hair is super shiny and soft. My nails are growing at a ridiculous rate, and I feel happy and confident almost 100% of the time. Who wouldn't want this?
This afternoon I had a wonderful breakthrough. I ran. I know that doesn't sound like much, and it was only for five minutes out of my usual 20 minutes walking routine, but this is a huge step. I hurt my knee during my sophomore year in high school. I was on the track and field team and our track was made of asphalt that completely screwed up my knee. I was in physical therapy for a few months. I couldn't walk up stairs and I began gaining a lot of weight because I had previously been running every day during my two hour long practices. Ever so slowly, I've been able to regain function in my knee. I can even walk up stairs without feeling like someone shot me in the kneecap.
And today I ran.
This means I'm finally almost back to normal. This means that I can finally get back to my running routine and being healthy. I've wanted this for years. So this is a huge huge huge deal for me.
This is me looking victorious after my workout today. HA.
So food-wise today I was not vegan, however, I had a completely vegan dinner. My breakfast included eggs, but also had some delicious whole oat old fashioned oatmeal with this coconut nectar syrup as a low glycemic sweetener, and almonds and a ton of cinnamon. Lunch wasn't really a lunch but more of a snack that consisted of 3 organic carrots. And for dinner I made vegan sushi with brown rice and edamame as a side. I sauteed red peppers, red cabbage and mushrooms in soy sauce and more of that coconut nectar along with some avocado. I'm pretty good at making sushi, for a non- Asian :P
Not my actual sushi, but I wanted to get your mouth watering anyway ;)
After a couple rolls of my delicious sushi, both Jon and I were stuffed, so I saved the leftover veggies for a possible sandwich tomorrow. I'm hoping that I can eventually afford some glass "tupperware" so that I don't have to worry about plastics leeching into my food. This is a big deal for women with PCOS because the plastics (most commonly BPA) leech into food during normal use and then the plastics convert to fake estrogens in the body. Which continues to completely eff up my hormone balance in my body, as you can imagine. Glass can be microwaved and refrigerated without any concern for leeching chemicals into my food. If only I had enough money, since the stuff tends to be pretty expensive. I read once that certain plastics are safe, depending what number is inside the recycle arrows located somewhere on the container. However, I forgot what the acceptable numbers are, so it's probably a better idea to avoid plastic altogether.


No comments:
Post a Comment